Hey hey! It's been awhile since I've last posted on the blog and I thought it was high time I got back on here with some new content. I would like to say I have been living the glamourous life (Sheila E reference for the youngins) but I've mostly been working with sprinkles of fun mixed in.
Here's what I've been up to:
- My last post revealed I opened a private practice, you can read about that here. I am almost six months into this side hustle and I can say, I definitely underestimated the amount of work that goes into building a practice. A few conversations with my #mtyretreat friends and local private practice owners gave me the reality check I needed. They let me know that this was MY business and I needed to prioritize it. I realized I had my schedule so packed that I was not devoting time to my business. Heck, I just recently accepted I am a business owner and have had to do some mental work to own that title for myself. (There will be a blog post about mentally prepping for owning a business). You can check out my practice, Simply Being Wellness Counseling, at it's website or Instagram.
- Speaking of working... I picked up many hours all over the state of CT. So many hours that my Jamaican friends were asking me if I'm Jamaican, lol. A few months ago I decided to move to a different apartment and wanted to be sure I would be able to afford everything I desired. I also have a hefty (but realistic) savings and debt-payoff goal for the next two years. I concluded working more hours would help me reach these goals faster. (My budget cries to me every time I make it, lol.)
- I traveled to Barbados! I went to celebrate the union of one of my college friends (more like sister). It was awesome to be there for her and I have a blog post coming up about this travel experience.
- I spent a heck of a lot of time in New York City attending events and exploring on my own.
- Mostly, I've been taking time to consider the direction of this blog moving forward. Blogging has been a challenging but rewarding experience. Being creative in this way is a new and I am learning so much about myself. I intend to bring forward valuable and useful content.
If you want to stay up to date with me, you can find me over on Instagram-where I update my stories and profile regularly. I am planning to be back to blogging on this platform very soon!